Wednesday, December 31, 2003
Tuesday, December 30, 2003
The Sick Files - Specimen 2
Our new specimen is currently in hours 49-72 in our observation period. She has great back pain, is throwing up, and generally just VERY VERY ILL. The specimen shows only slight signs of improvement so far. However her able medical staff has prescribed drugs and we expect the specimen to begin improvement any time now.
In Other News
Ella and I had dinner at Camilles Cafe in Geneva Commons and had their Wonderful Creamy Tomato soup. I met the owners and they were very nice people. We took some of the soup home to Christi, who threw it back up ( a sign she has not improved much in three days. So at this point I am assuming I will be ringing in the new year with myself and channel 9.
My plans for this evening are to finally write the family Christmas letter and I am also intending to do a post tonight on Deut 29 and 30. I do not know if I will get to it. If not expect to see it in a few days.
Monday, December 29, 2003
Daughter: In Bed for Evening
Kevin: Watching a special on the "science of Joseph"
I have played single dad tonight since Christi is in bed with the flu. She got it at my parents from my brother. She threw up last night on our way home from my parents, she has been in bed ALL Day, the Robinsons were able to keep Ella today and our youth minister's wife is going to keep her tommorow. I hope Chris is feeling better by Wednesday, as I do not yet have a person for the watching on Wednesday.
Anyway, please pray for us that Christi will get to feeling better, and that the new baby will be safe while she is sick.
Friday, December 26, 2003
Tuesday, December 23, 2003
Friday, December 19, 2003
Thursday, December 18, 2003
Lex Rex - Law is King - Republic
Populus Rex-The People is King - Democarcy a.k.a. Mob Rub
In the summer of 1776 the forefathers of our fine nation sat down and drafted a document that would forever separate us from the monarchist rule of England. In place of England's monarchy our forefathers established a constitutional Republic based on the rule of law as king. This rule of law in recent Time has been subverted by those would like to pass off our nation as a democracy: where they seek to further their own agenda by the power of mob rule, and can do so without the stress of procedures rules and laws. The most obvious flaw in democracy is that it is a detestable subversion to God's role and ordinance for government. Those who find themselves seduced by the allure of democracy in government often find themselves in rebellion to God's own laws which are unwavering in response to the opinion of the world. It is our responsibility to be lovers of God's word endive flaw. It is our responsibility to attempt to follow it to not alter it but to be altered by it. Let us never forget that the church is not a democracy, it is a Theocratic Republic.
We ate supper at noodles and company Christi had the pasta Fresca. I had the Japanese pan noodles with rice noodles rather than pan noodles. Ella had the Wisconsin mac and cheese. Which she ordered herself from the lady at the register. Ella was quite disappointed when her mommy was not at the restaurant, she did not understand we were taking the food home.
All in all our visit to Abercrombie and Fitch to get Randall's Christmas present (just kidding) was a great success and much fun was had by myself and the Boo.
Wednesday, December 17, 2003
Tuesday, December 16, 2003
Monday, December 15, 2003
God is A Liar!
And 3 Other Lies By Satan
So then, how are we left to respond? Are we left defenseless and abandoned with no battle plan to combat these three attacks? The answer is no, and the solution we are left with could easily be considered the centerpiece teaching of Romans that the entire book rest upon. This battle plan is found in Romans 12. It is here Paul lays out for his readers both the antithesis of each of these Satanic Lies and the reason with must protect ourselves from submission to them.
Lust of the Flesh - Romans 12:1 begins our defense plan when we are told to "present your bodies as a living sacrifice." This idea of becoming a living sacrifice is a commitment against the ideas of self gratification that Satan wants us to pursue. When we view our lives as a sacrifice to God any hint of narcisim is immediately erased. We become immediately concerned with seeing the people around us through the eyes of God. When we are living sacrifice; making each decision under the idea that "it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me " becomes natural to us. The self indulgent plagues which we have allowed to torment us become the advesaries of our past as we are made perfect through each Christ offered decision.
Lust of the Eyes - Romans 12:2 Our fallen nature has trained our eyes to see beauty the way the world defines beautiful, yet the promise of this verse is that we can"be transformed by the renewing of your minds." We can learn to understand and view the world through a new set of eyes. We can learn to renew our vision to the pure beauty of God's creation. We can seek the discipline of our eyes that allows us to understand that it is the character of person that defines beauty. Our transformed mind allows us the freedom to pursue an infinitely more rich relationship with Christ because we are liberated to find our own beauty within our role as the Bride of Christ.
Pride of Life - Romans 12:3 The greatest bondage of my life, and I belive the lives of most American Christians, has been the bondage to Pride. The American idea of "pulling yourself up by your bootstraps" has been a distraction from God's idea for his people. Paul lays his rebutal to this lie out in such a way that it seems to be unimaginably simple, he says "do not think of yourself more highly than you ought to think. Our own will however makes accomplishing this task into a labyrinth. We run into dead end after dead end as we attempt to eliminate pride by own strength. We are junkies, living lives looking for our next self-centered fix: as junkies, it is impossible for us to break the addiction as long as we believe that we can think ourselves into humility. Paul instead sets the stage for us by explaining that our value is found "each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned." When we can understand the value of our lives in the God ordained balances of faith we will be on the path to the form of humility that Christ's church needs from us.
"These three remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." God's design and desire for his people is to focus not on the wants of them selves but on the needs of others. Paul explains this concept when he says that "individually we are members one of another." Paul's one body concept explains the kind of love that needs to replace these Satanic deceptions in our lives. We need to focus on the needs of our Christian community rather than desires of our flesh, eyes, and pride. We need to be concerned with accomplishments of faith, the consciousness of hope, the environment of love. We need to create a culture that has a discernment against our attraction to the desires of the inner nature. The crossroads presented by Romans 12 are best summarized when Paul tells us to "Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good." We can not dwell in lives of self indulgence, aquistion, and pride without comprimsing this command to let love be genuine.
Sunday, December 14, 2003
Translation: The baby is bettter and I get to goto my Christmas party.
Just kidding, but that is about how I feel at this point. Ella does seem to be getting better, in so much that we had a decent nights sleep. It was no worse than any other time she is in bed with us. Currently she is drugged and watching videos. Her blisters do not look any better yet. I am still hoping this breaks today.
Saturday, December 13, 2003
Friday, December 12, 2003
Thursday, December 11, 2003
God is A Liar!
And 3 Other Lies By Satan
1. The Lust of the Flesh - Adultrey, Gluttony, Sloth - "If it feels good do it even if you shouldn't." This is the mantra of the narcism Satan wants all mankind to dwell in. Satan knows that when we focus our time on seeking what feels good to us, we will have no time to focus on seeking a relationship with God. Our flesh resist the spirit. Satan wants men to pursue "pleasure without conscience. The greatest manifestation of this lie has been the infusion of the idea into the American evangelical churches that "worship without sacrifice" exists. As the old cliche' goes, "Grace is Free, but it is not cheap." Our pursuit for relevance to a society of vanity has allowed the church to become weakend by her acceptance of a cheap grace that teaches the same self-exaltaion that robs our relevance and weakens Christian's into proseltites of humanism.
2. The Lust of the Eyes- Envy, Covetousness, Greed - "he who dies with the most toys, wins!" We are a society of collectors. Our desire for aquistion of the beautiful is the basis of capitalism. In the middle twentith century a phrase developed "Keeping up with the Jones." That idea has been replaced in these infancy years of the twenty first century. Instead we seek to make more, collect more, and own more than the Jones'. Our quest for neighborly equality has been superceded by a race for neighborhood supremacy. The lust of the eyes is our need to own the things that those around us deem as beautiful and valuable.
3. The Pride of Life - Haughtyness, Anger, Divisiness, Pride - "If I could be like Mike..." Each of us thinks of ourselves as the greatest. We think our ideas, priorities, and passions are more important than the ideas, priorities and passions of those around us. It is this lie that that divides us. We dig foxholes and form entrenchments to protect our illusion of our own importance. We value only ourselves, and become unimagineably disenfranchised, genuinely hurt and ultimately even angry with the people around because they do not share our self-centered vision. We seek the rewards of fiscal sucess, the accolades of the public, and degrees of academia to demonstrate our value over the people around us. Pride is a devourer because it must be worked at: pride destroys our ability to experience contentment because we must continually strive for greater accomplishments. The pride of life seeks to fulfill our need to silence the doubts we all face when we look in the mirror at ourselves.
Wednesday, December 10, 2003
Tuesday, December 09, 2003
1. Use a USB microphone. A USB microphone will allow for the microphone to be moved from one computer to another most simply and accurately. The actual sound is interpreted inside the microphone not inside the computer, This allows a transition to occur more smoothly because it is not affected by the different humming and whizzzing of differing computer cases. A USB Mic allows you to simply export your user file and move with no retraining necessary..
2. Use a Mute Button Microphone. I find that I want a mute button on the headset, so that I can shut off the microphone without actually having to put it to sleep. Therefore it stops and restarts collecting sound with an easy push of a button. This feature would be most useful to my guys in a field setting where they will need to switch constantly and quickly between the people around them and their computer.
3. Use a headset without headphones. I think that it goes without saying that it would be helpful to not have earphones. It seems clear that the earphones would get in the way of hearing the sound around me. Since there is nothing I need to hear back from my computer while using Dragon. I see no need for the earphones.
The best lead I found so far is the Telex USB H-831, which is what I'm currently using, it features the USB feature and the lack of headphone feature: however, it does not have the mute button so one is forced to use the "go to sleep" command and the "wakeup" command. I have also found the Logitech Premium USB Headset 300. This product from Logitech, which seems be a good choice except for the fact that it has the headphones, which will cut me off from the world around me while using it, seems to be a workable choice as well. I do not know yet, which one I will decide on ultimately.
|Boys and Girls, do you know what time it is. It is time for a Kevin Political Tyrate. This cartoon was sennt to me by my brother. I apologize I can not credit it properly. I believe the author hits the nail on the head as to the vision our Big Government loving congressmen have. We must do our part to stop this injustice to the American people. We must do our part in the next election to vote for people who will have you are interest at heart and not the interest of their corporate sandbagging donor lists. We must vote for people who will do the right thing to stop the big government attack on the American taxpayers. Please, in the next election find a candidate, who will give you the kind of support you need as a voice in a government for the people. We really mean and women who will support your right of religious freedom, and your right to keep what is yours and not have it redistributed at their command|
Monday, December 08, 2003
I dictated this entire post for you hope you like it Dragon NaturallySpeaking rocks.
Saturday, December 06, 2003
Friday, December 05, 2003
|OK... I found this at Adbusters (watch out they use bad language) and I thought it was one of the best social commentaries I had ever seen. This is the result of BIG GOVERNMENT. If you like me, want to make sure our national flag never looks like this please get out and vote. Please make a statement that says, "WE DON'T WANT BIG GOVERNMENT" Today we have government "For The People by the Corporate Intrest Groups". Please we need to put a stop to this. The Libertarian Partie has answers that make sense, and will work. The only way to return this country to it's Godly heritage is to give people back their Creator endowed rights.|
Thursday, December 04, 2003
Now here is the key irony. Becuase of the size of my potential order, I need to speak with a person in inside sales rather the 24hour email response. Imagine that. Spend $100 get you answers NOW, spend $5000 and it's business hours only please. Strange isn't it!
Wednesday, December 03, 2003
1. Intake more Raw Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, and Grains
2. Intake fewer Toxins from processed foods.
I figure if I can accomplish 1 of these acts then I am doing much better than I was doing before, so I have not been overly dilligent in my task to eliminate Toxin ridden foods. I have however cut out Caffeine, so that is at least a start right. Anyway... Gotta Go!